Our stay at the Holiday Inn Bali Benoa a couple of years ago was so much fun! The kids absolutely loved it and rate it as one of the best family resorts Bali has to offer. We love heading to Bali with kids as there are so many great options for a fantastic family holiday. The Holiday Inn Resort Bali Benoa was a great choice for the first time we had stayed in a resort in Bali. We had previously only stayed in villas with the kids but the resort was full of so many things to do. Would we stay at Holiday Inn Tanjung Benoa Bali again? Absolutely!! We love the Holiday Inn Resorts in Bali and you can check out our review of Holiday Inn Baruna Bali here. We also did a comparison of Holiday Inn Baruna and Holiday Inn Benoa which you can find here but I would also try to find a way to stay at both! Here is our Holiday Inn Benoa Review.
Table of Contents
- 1 Why should your family stay at Holiday Inn Resort Benoa?
- 2 Tips before your stay at Holiday Inn Tanjung Benoa
- 3 Ways to save money
- 4 Rooms
- 5 Kids Club at Holiday Inn Benoa Bali
- 6 Dining
- 7 Pool Area
- 8 Other Hotel Facilities
- 9 Tanjung Benoa Beach Bali
- 10 Tea Tree Spa
- 11 Location – Where is Benoa Bali?
- 12 Tanjung Benoa Bali Things to do
- 13 Tanjung Benoa Bali Map
Why should your family stay at Holiday Inn Resort Benoa?
If you are after an activity filled holiday that is great value for money this Bali Holiday Inn resort is a great choice. The younger kids will love the water slide into the kids pool and the water activities on the beach are great for older kids and adults. The Holiday Inn Benoa is the hotel for amazing sunrises, just make sure you get up early enough at around 6am!
Tips before your stay at Holiday Inn Tanjung Benoa
- Sign up to the Holiday Inn Benoa’s newsletter for all the special deals they often send to you via email.
- Join the IHG rewards program. It is free and comes with great benefits like 15-20% of certain restaurants.
- If you are still unsure if this Holiday Inn Bali resort is right for you and you visit regularly to Bali, getting a day pass to check out the hotel is a great way to see where it is and what it has to offer. You can also check out Holiday Inn Bali Benoa reviews at Tripadvisor for up to date information on the latest thoughts on the resort.
Ways to save money
- Before I booked our stay I researched where the best prices were to book. I found that booking direct through the Holiday Inn Benoa website was the cheapest as they offer a best price guarantee.
We loved the modern rooms of the Benoa Holiday Inn Hotel Bali as they were spacious and had everything that a family could need. During our stay we had one night in the Ocean View Suite as it was just the kids and I. When Jed joined us for the 2nd day we moved to the interconnecting rooms overlooking the inner pool area. I also had a look through the 2 bedroom Family Adventure Suite which was amazing!
Tanjung Family Connecting Rooms
One of the best aspects of Holiday Inn Benoa is the fact that you can book the interconnecting rooms. There is no subject to availability like at a lot of hotels and these connecting rooms can fit 2 adults and 3 kids with a rollaway bed in the twin room. The interconnecting rooms were so spacious for our family and we loved staying here. The rooms were secure with Mason with high security latches and the doors to the balcony were secure. The beds were so comfy and we were so impressed with the amount of space of the rooms. There are only showers in the bathrooms with no bath available with the kids.
Benoa Ocean View Room
The Ocean View rooms were great to watch the sunrise and a portacot easily fit in the room. These rooms are limited to 2 adults and 1 child so won’t suit bigger families. The balcony was high and secure with kids and these rooms only had a shower in the bathroom as well.
Tanjung Family Adventure Suite
I was lucky enough to be shown through the family 2 bedroom suite and they looked awesome! An upgrade was available for a price so may be something to consider when you arrive at the Holiday Inn to see if they are available. The kids bedroom and bathroom were so bright and fun to be in with the seperate lounge and main bedroom very comfortable. These would be the perfect rooms if you love your space and seperate areas. The maximum occupancy of the suite is 5 people.
Tanjung Kids Adventure Suite
The kids adventure suites look fantastic with kids. I had a friend that recently stayed in both family suites and she said next time she would save her money and stay in the kids adventure suites as they were very spacious for their family of 4. These rooms can fit 5 people as well with the main bedroom seperated from the kids bunk bed with a sliding door.
Other Room Types
There are many resort rooms that can fit 2 adults and 1 child that are a great price. The Benoa Atrium Pool Access Rooms have direct access to the inner pool. These were perhaps not as private as the other rooms but the direct pool access a definite bonus! Also one of the kids adventure suites is a pool access room so it may suit some families and request this room at the time of booking.
Kids Club at Holiday Inn Benoa Bali
The kids club was such a hit with the kids! I really loved the close proximity of the kids club to the restaurant and the pool so it was easy to sign them in and out. We would drop them off for a play while we ordered dinner and once it was ready they would come out while we relaxed and chatted. The kids club is open from 9am -9pm and they close for a hour at 5pm.
Younger kids under 4 are welcome to join in but need an adult with them so either one of us stayed or our nanny. If you don’t have an outside nanny organised you, can book one through the hotel for a cheap price. Also if your kids are aged between 3 and 4 years and full toilet trained they may be able to access the kids club without a nanny. The kids club is free for all hotel guests or 60,000 rp per hour for outside guests and a couple of the planned activities have a small charge.
The food at the Holiday Inn Benoa was good and the kids were kept well fed. We loved the kids eat for free with a paying adult at all the restaurants except for room service which is available 24 hours so perfect if you arrive late. If you are unsure how this works make sure you ask one of the staff at the start of your stay.
Open 6:30am till 10:30am
At the Holiday Inn Resort Bali Benoa, breakfast starts at 6:30am at the Pasar Market. Love the early start especially with kids that are early risers! We were there each morning at 6:30am as the kids were up at 5 am. I loved the breakfast at the Holiday Inn Benoa as there was a great range of healthy and not so healthy options. The kids loved the kids area and the high chairs were so useful and kept Mason in one spot! I especially loved the coffee that you could order and get delivered to your table, all Mum’s will hear me on that! It was great to have the option to sit outside or inside in the AC if it was too hot.
Pasar Market Cafe
Breakfast: 6.30am – 10.30am
Lunch: 11.30am – 4pm
Dinner: 6pm – 10pm
The cafe was our go to spot for food as the kids menu was excellent and it was close to the kids club. We enjoyed all of our food and the kids ate their meals which is always a bonus ;-)
Nudi Beach Bar and Restaurant
Open 10am till midnight
We enjoyed lunch at Nudi’s one day and the tapas was yum! The cocktails were so good too and it’s close to the pool so ordering is easy. Happy hours are from 3pm – 5pm and 10pm – 12am.
Duke’s Pool Bar & Lounge
Open 10am till 7pm
Happy hours at Duke’s was a lot of fun while the kids played in the kids club and are from 12-2pm and 5pm-7pm. The food looked great but we were too busy enjoying a cocktail!
The pool area had something for everyone! The kids loved the water bucket and waterslide in the kids pool area which was nice and shallow for them to splash in. The spa was a lot of fun with the kids and the bar not too far away. The pools are all close to everything including food, drinks and rooms which is extra handy especially with wet kids!
Other Hotel Facilities
The Holiday Inn Benoa has a minimart on site if you need any snacks, drinks or milk. The prices are quite reasonable for a hotel and not too much more than the shops on the street. There is also a Circle K just across from the entrance to the hotel. A gym and pool table near the lobby area are some of the other hotel facilities.
Tanjung Benoa Beach Bali
We didn’t swim at the beach as it’s not really made for swimming but rather more suited to water sports. Was a lot of fun watching the parasails and banana boats wizz past and this was busier at different tides level of the water. Trying out water sport Tanjung Benoa, Bali is a lot of fun and there are many operators along the beach and if you google Benoa Watersports Bali you will come up with heaps of great options.
The beach path out the front of the resort is great to walk along with a pram. I would take Mason for dawn walks as he wakes up so early and walked all the way up to in front of Club Med.
Tea Tree Spa
We didn’t get a chance to enjoy a massage here but I heard it was fantastic. You can check out the spa menu here and it includes spa sessions like the ones shown below with the kids.
Location – Where is Benoa Bali?
Tanjung Benoa Bali is located approximately a 15-20 minute drive from Denpasar, Bali Airport. It is just north of the gated Nusa Dua Accommodation and is known for its watersports and gorgeous sunrises. We quite liked the position of the resort and are glad that we tried Benoa out. I had always been concerned it would be too quiet but with all the wonderful resort facilities and the things to do near the resort we weren’t bored at all!
Tanjung Benoa Bali Things to do
There are lots of things to do in Benoa Bali. Here are a few suggestions of Nusa Dua attractions also to see with your family as it is so close and feel free to check out our ultimate guide to Bali with kids for more suggestions:
- Enjoy the watersports that Benoa has to offer. Jetsking and paragliding are some of the activities that you can do at Tanjung Benoa.
- Escape from the hotel for Benoa Bali shopping while the kids and hubby are taken care of at the resort. On the main street of Benoa are a selection of market type stalls and you could also get a taxi to the Bali Collection in Nusa Dua.
- Try your hand at cooking Indonesian food at the Bumbu Cooking School. We enjoyed dinner at their restaurant one night and it was amazing! Highly recommend and the kids are very welcome.
- Visit Taman Bhagawan Garden for lunch and a swim in the pool. These stunning gardens are a gorgeous spot for the kids to run around and explore.
- Enjoy a night out at the Devdan Show at the Bali Nusa Dua Theatre.
- Explore Pirates Bay Nusa Dua a short drive from Holiday Inn Benoa
Reviews from other families that have stayed at Holiday Inn Benoa
“Just returned from 12 days at Holiday Inn Benoa. It was great! We were a group of 17, 8 kids aged 2-6. Lovely relaxed feel in quiet Tanjung Benoa/Nusa Dua area. Resort not too busy. Perfect weather.
- Excellent room options for families – we had Tanjung Kids Adventure Suite, which is a king bedroom with adjoining kids bedroom with bunk bed and small play area with bean bags and one bathroom. Also available Tanjung Family Adventure Suite, with two bedrooms, kids one with two single beds (not bunk) and room enough for third single at extra cost and two bathrooms. Of course regular rooms as well. One comment is that the Kids Adventure Suites face the road so there is a bit of noise in the evenings, not ideal for kids, but this didn’t disrupt us. If an issue might be better to upgrade to Family Adventure Suite away from road.
- Great pools including kids pool with small waterslide and a tipping bucket feature. Also beachfront but lots of Watersport off the beach so not for swimming in my opinion. Great for flying kites, combing the rock pools at low tide and walks though.
- Great dining options with two kids meals free with one adult meal purchased from menu. So we adults could share a light meal with the kids before later eating out when the babysitters had taken over. Made kids meals very affordable. Breakfast buffet was also included and open til 1030 so we could grab a morning snack after an early breakfast if needed. Also staff weren’t bothered by us taking a muffin or yoghurt from breakfast for later in the day.
- Kids club was ok. Kids 4+ could come and go but those younger needed to be booked in so that extra babysitters could accompany them for a price (60000/hr/child). Even though we paid for extra babysitters the kids seemed to be permitted to sit on play stations or watch TV for hours if they wanted which was a bit too much screen time for us. Would have been better if we could have timed the kids stays there with some special activity Rs (they did offer a few things like t shirt decorating, Balinese dress up and craft) and maybe the staff would have been more proactive if we imposed some rules on our kids while they were there but they only spent a couple of hours on two occasions. Be worth thinking about what you’re comfortable with your kids.
- Evening babysitters easily available and from kids club. Lovely ladies. A bit pricey if you have a few kids as it was priced as above, 60000 per hour per child. We found a cheaper private option for the later part of our stay.
- The area is suited to kids. Easy to walk along road or beach to small market stalls for some souvenirs. A short drive to Pirates Bay in Nusa Dua, which is highly recommended, the treasure hunt is pricey (USD$30/child for 2h treasure hunt, pirate hat and treasure, welcome snack and dinner after) but the kids loved it.
- Close to some great restaurants for adults including Bumbu Bali which offered free pickup/drop off.”
Katie mum from Australia
” We stayed there last month and loved it. We had an family interconnecting room that fit the 5 of us (3 kids) that overlooked the internal pool. The only thing I would complain about (& it wasn’t really a big issue) is that there wasn’t a pancake station that make fresh pancakes each morning like every other resort I’ve been to in Bali has….they had pancakes just sitting there for who knows how long. Missed having banana pancakes. Also thought the kids menu was a bit limited in choices but we made do. ”
Rebecca mum of 3 kids
Tanjung Benoa Bali Map
Check out our google map below with a few of our favourite things to do with kids in Nusa Dua and Benoa
We highly recommend the Holiday Inn Resort Bali Benoa to families and would be more than happy to stay there again. Our friends have since gone on to stay at the resort and loved it so much they have been back twice! We would love to hear if you have stayed before and would like to include your thoughts in this review. Contact me via email or Facebook or Instagram.
Note: We were paying guests of Holiday Inn Benoa and received no discounts or benefits from writing this post.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links and if you book through these links we will receive a small commission. This helps us to keep doing what we love, bringing you the best tips on travel to Bali with kids. Thanks for supporting our blog.