We have now stayed twice at Holiday Inn Benoa, in 2015 and recently in 2019. The kids absolutely loved it and were very excited to visit a second time. We love the Holiday Inn Resorts in Bali and you can check out our review of Holiday Inn Baruna Bali here. We also did a comparison of Holiday Inn Baruna and Holiday Inn Benoa which you can find at this link but I would also try to find a way to stay at both!
This post contains compensated links. Please read our disclaimer for more info.
Table of Contents
- 1 Why should your family stay at Holiday Inn Resort Benoa?
- 2 Tips before your stay at Holiday Inn Tanjung Benoa
- 3 Overview of Holiday Inn Bali Benoa
- 4 Rooms at Holiday Inn Benoa
- 5 Kids Club at Holiday Inn Benoa Bali
- 6 Dining at Holiday Inn Benoa
- 7 Pool Areas at Holiday Inn Benoa
- 8 Other Hotel Facilities at Holiday Inn Benoa
- 9 Tanjung Benoa Beach Bali
- 10 Tea Tree Spa
- 11 Location – Where is Holiday Inn Benoa Bali?
- 12 Minimart and Laundry close to Holiday Inn Benoa
- 13 Tanjung Benoa Bali Things to do
- 14 Tanjung Benoa Bali Map
Why should your family stay at Holiday Inn Resort Benoa?
- You appreciate spacious, clean rooms and a beach front location
- You have younger kids as they will love the water slide into the kids pool and the kids club is great for under 8 years old
- The adults in your group are keen for some water sport action
- The Holiday Inn Benoa is the hotel for amazing sunrises, just make sure you get up early enough at around 6am!
- You like a compact resort that has the restaurant close to the kids club and pool making it easy at dinner time with the kids
Tips before your stay at Holiday Inn Tanjung Benoa
- Sign up to the Holiday Inn Benoa’s newsletter for all the special deals they often send to you via email
- Join the IHG rewards program. It is free and comes with great benefits like 15-20% of certain restaurants
- If you are still unsure if this Holiday Inn Bali resort is right for you and you visit regularly to Bali, getting a day pass to check out the hotel is a great way to see where it is and what it has to offer. You can also check out Holiday Inn Bali Benoa reviews at Tripadvisor for up to date information on the latest thoughts on the resort
- Before I booked our stay I researched where the best prices were to book. I found that booking direct through the Holiday Inn Benoa website was the cheapest as they offer a best price guarantee
Overview of Holiday Inn Bali Benoa
The resort is a compact resort directly on the beach at Tanjung Benoa that is famous for it’s water sports. It has the main pool overlooking the beach and the inner pool with spa in the middle. There are a few steps to get down to the beach or you can take your pram through Nudi Beach Club as there are less stairs. We have always found the staff to be lovely and check in was fantastic for the kids! They greeted them with kids sized milks, activity packs and Nudi the resorts mascot!
Rooms at Holiday Inn Benoa
We loved the modern rooms of the Holiday Inn Benoa as they were spacious and had everything that a family could need. Over our 2 stays we have stayed in a range of rooms including:
- Tanjung Family Adventure Suite (2019 stay)
- Ocean View Suite (2015 stay)
- Tanjung Family Connecting Rooms (2015 stay)
Tanjung Family Adventure Suite
We loved our stay in these extremely spacious suite and we stayed in Room 221. The kids bedroom was a hit with the kids and it was fantastic to have a seperate bathroom for the kids with their own bath. The lounge room had a huge amount of room and the dining area perfect for takeaway food. But my favourite part was the master bedroom with the ocean views. So lovely to wake up to a Bali sunrise and watch it from our balcony. The walk in robe and bathroom complimented this bedroom perfectly and we didn’t want to leave!
Tanjung Family Connecting Rooms
One of the best aspects of Holiday Inn Benoa is the fact that you can book the interconnecting rooms. We stayed in these rooms in 2015 so they may look slightly different now. There is no subject to availability like at a lot of hotels and these connecting rooms can fit 2 adults and 3 kids with a rollaway bed in the twin room.
The interconnecting rooms were so spacious for our family and we loved staying here. The rooms were secure with Mason with high security latches and the doors to the balcony were secure. The beds were so comfy and we were so impressed with the amount of space of the rooms. There are only showers in the bathrooms with no bath available with the kids.
Benoa Ocean View Room
The Ocean View rooms were great to watch the sunrise and a portacot easily fit in the room. These rooms are limited to 2 adults and 1 child so won’t suit bigger families. The balcony was high and secure with kids and these rooms only had a shower in the bathroom as well.
Tanjung Kids Adventure Suite
The kids adventure suites look fantastic with kids. I had a friend that recently stayed in both family suites and she said next time she would save her money and stay in the kids adventure suites as they were very spacious for their family of 4. These rooms can fit 5 people as well with the main bedroom seperated from the kids bunk bed with a sliding door.
Other Room Types
There are many resort rooms that can fit 2 adults and 1 child that are a great price. The Benoa Atrium Pool Access Rooms have direct access to the inner pool. These were perhaps not as private as the other rooms but the direct pool access a definite bonus! Also one of the kids adventure suites is a pool access room so it may suit some families and request this room at the time of booking.
Kids Club at Holiday Inn Benoa Bali
The kids club was such a hit with the kids! I really loved the close proximity of the kids club to the restaurant and the pool so it was easy to sign them in and out. We would drop them off for a play while we ordered dinner and once it was ready they would come out while we relaxed and chatted. The kids club is open from 9am -9pm and they close for a hour at 5pm. Please note: In the video you will hear me say that then don’t close for a break. It seems that this varies depending on how many kids are using the kids club so it may be open from 5-6pm.
Younger kids under 4 are welcome to join in but need an adult with them so either one of us stayed or our nanny. If you don’t have an outside nanny organised you, can book one through the hotel for a cheap price. Also if your kids are aged between 3 and 4 years and full toilet trained they may be able to access the kids club without a nanny. The kids club is free for all hotel guests or there is a small charge per hour for outside guests. Also some of the planned activities have a small charge (this cost may change). Check out details of day passes to Bali resorts in our blog post here.
To check out the activity list at Holiday Inn Benoa Kids Club click here.
Dining at Holiday Inn Benoa
The food at the Holiday Inn Benoa was good and the kids were kept well fed. We loved the kids eat for free with a paying adult (for kids aged 12 years and younger) at all the restaurants except for room service which is available 24 hours so perfect if you arrive late. You must order the kids meal off the kids menu and the kids can order a main meal, dessert and a drink. If you are unsure how this works make sure you ask one of the staff at the start of your stay.
Breakfast at Pasar Market Cafe
Open 6:30am till 10:30am
At the Holiday Inn Resort Bali Benoa, breakfast starts at 6:30am at the Pasar Market Cafe. Love the early start especially with kids that are early risers! We were there each morning at 6:30am as the kids were up at 5 am. I loved the breakfast at the Holiday Inn Benoa as there was a great range of healthy and not so healthy options. The kids loved the kids area and the high chairs were so useful and kept Mason in one spot during our 2015 stay! I especially loved the coffee that you could order and get delivered to your table, all Mum’s will hear me on that! It was great to have the option to sit outside or inside in the AC if it was too hot.
Pasar Market Cafe
Breakfast: 6.30am – 10.30am
Lunch: 11.30am – 4pm
Dinner: 6pm – 10pm
The cafe was our go to spot for food as the kids menu was excellent and it was close to the kids club. We enjoyed all of our food and the kids ate their meals which is always a bonus 😉 You can find the link to the kids menu here.
Nudi Beach Bar and Restaurant
Open 10am till midnight
We enjoyed lunch at Nudi’s one day and the tapas was yum! The cocktails were so good too and it’s close to the pool so ordering is easy. You can even sit on the bar stool in the pool and enjoy a drink!
Duke’s Pool Bar & Lounge
Open 10am till 7pm
Happy hours at Duke’s was a lot of fun while the kids played in the kids club and are from 12-2pm and 5pm-7pm. The food looked great but we were too busy enjoying a cocktail!
In Room Dining
So we all know what it can be like to travel with kids! Sometimes room service is a necessity and I love that in the family suites that there is space to eat at the dining table. Please note this menu was from our stay during April 2019.
Pool Areas at Holiday Inn Benoa
There are 2 pool areas at Holiday Inn Benoa, the main beach pool and the inner pool near Duke’s Pool Bar with a spa. The kids loved the water bucket and water slide in the kids pool area which was nice and shallow for them to splash in. This area is great for younger kids. The pools are all close to everything including food, drinks and rooms which is extra handy especially with wet kids!
Main beach pool
Inner Pool near Duke’s Pool Bar
Other Hotel Facilities at Holiday Inn Benoa
The lobby area has a Games Centre with a pool table and other games which are suited for teenagers and adults.
There is also a 24/7 gym that is located overlooking the main pool.
You could also get photos taken at the resort by the Holiday Inn photographer.
Tanjung Benoa Beach Bali
The kids had a paddle at the beach but we don’t really like swimming in the beach so always stick to the pools when we are in Bali. The beach is more suited to water sports and it was a lot of fun watching the para sails and banana boats wizz past. Trying out water sports at Tanjung Benoa is a lot of fun and there are many operators along the beach. Below you will find the prices from when we stayed in April 2019.
The beach path out the front of the resort is great to walk along with a pram. I would take Mason for dawn walks in 2015 as he wakes up so early and walked all the way up to in front of Club Med. You can also hire bikes to ride along the beach path.
Tea Tree Spa
The spa at Holiday Inn Benoa is gorgeous and you must try when you visit! It would be the perfect spot for a group of girls to come and spend some time relaxing. I managed to fit in time for a pedicure which lasted really well.
You can check out the spa menu here and it includes spa sessions for the kids!
Location – Where is Holiday Inn Benoa Bali?
Tanjung Benoa Bali is located approximately a 15-20 minute drive from Denpasar, Bali Airport. It is just north of the gated Nusa Dua Accommodation and is known for its watersports and gorgeous sunrises. We quite liked the position of the Holiday Inn Benoa Resort even though there wasn’t a huge amount of shops or restaurants close by. A short taxi ride and you are there!
Minimart and Laundry close to Holiday Inn Benoa
About 50 meters from the front of Holiday Inn Benoa is a Circle K with a money changer and ATM. I have used both with no problems. Also just past the Circle K is a laundry called Yudi Laundry that I used that was great and cheap! The cost came to $8 and was a big bag of clothes.
Tanjung Benoa Bali Things to do
There are lots of things to do in Benoa Bali. Here are a few suggestions of Nusa Dua attractions also to see with your family as it’s so close. Also feel free to check out our ultimate guide to Bali with kids for more suggestions:
- Enjoy the watersports that Benoa has to offer. Jetsking and paragliding are some of the activities that you can do at Tanjung Benoa
- Escape from the hotel for Benoa Bali shopping while the kids and hubby are taken care of at the resort. On the main street of Benoa are a selection of market type stalls and you could also get a taxi to the Bali Collection in Nusa Dua
- Try your hand at cooking Indonesian food at the Bumbu Cooking School. We enjoyed dinner at their restaurant one night and it was amazing! Highly recommend and the kids are very welcome
- Visit Taman Bhagawan Garden for lunch and a swim in the pool. These stunning gardens are a gorgeous spot for the kids to run around and explore
- Enjoy a night out at the Devdan Show at the Bali Nusa Dua Theatre
Reviews from other families that have stayed at Holiday Inn Benoa
“Just returned from 12 days at Holiday Inn Benoa. It was great! We were a group of 17, 8 kids aged 2-6. Lovely relaxed feel in quiet Tanjung Benoa/Nusa Dua area. Resort not too busy. Perfect weather.
- Excellent room options for families – we had Tanjung Kids Adventure Suite, which is a king bedroom with adjoining kids bedroom with bunk bed and small play area with bean bags and one bathroom. Also available Tanjung Family Adventure Suite, with two bedrooms, kids one with two single beds (not bunk) and room enough for third single at extra cost and two bathrooms. Of course regular rooms as well. One comment is that the Kids Adventure Suites face the road so there is a bit of noise in the evenings, not ideal for kids, but this didn’t disrupt us. If an issue might be better to upgrade to Family Adventure Suite away from road.
- Great pools including kids pool with small waterslide and a tipping bucket feature. Also beachfront but lots of Watersport off the beach so not for swimming in my opinion. Great for flying kites, combing the rock pools at low tide and walks though.
- Great dining options with two kids meals free with one adult meal purchased from menu. So we adults could share a light meal with the kids before later eating out when the babysitters had taken over. Made kids meals very affordable. Breakfast buffet was also included and open til 1030 so we could grab a morning snack after an early breakfast if needed. Also staff weren’t bothered by us taking a muffin or yoghurt from breakfast for later in the day.
- Kids club was ok. Kids 4+ could come and go but those younger needed to be booked in so that extra babysitters could accompany them for a price (60000/hr/child). Even though we paid for extra babysitters the kids seemed to be permitted to sit on play stations or watch TV for hours if they wanted which was a bit too much screen time for us. Would have been better if we could have timed the kids stays there with some special activity Rs (they did offer a few things like t shirt decorating, Balinese dress up and craft) and maybe the staff would have been more proactive if we imposed some rules on our kids while they were there but they only spent a couple of hours on two occasions. Be worth thinking about what you’re comfortable with your kids.
- Evening babysitters easily available and from kids club. Lovely ladies. A bit pricey if you have a few kids as it was priced as above, 60000 per hour per child. We found a cheaper private option for the later part of our stay.
- The area is suited to kids. Easy to walk along road or beach to small market stalls for some souvenirs. A short drive to Pirates Bay in Nusa Dua, which is highly recommended, the treasure hunt is pricey (USD$30/child for 2h treasure hunt, pirate hat and treasure, welcome snack and dinner after) but the kids loved it.
- Close to some great restaurants for adults including Bumbu Bali which offered free pickup/drop off.”
Katie mum from Australia
” We stayed there last month and loved it. We had an family interconnecting room that fit the 5 of us (3 kids) that overlooked the internal pool. The only thing I would complain about (& it wasn’t really a big issue) is that there wasn’t a pancake station that make fresh pancakes each morning like every other resort I’ve been to in Bali has….they had pancakes just sitting there for who knows how long. Missed having banana pancakes. Also thought the kids menu was a bit limited in choices but we made do. ”
Rebecca mum of 3 kids
Tanjung Benoa Bali Map
Check out our google map below with a few of our favourite things to do with kids in Nusa Dua and Benoa
We highly recommend the Holiday Inn Resort Bali Benoa to families and would be more than happy to stay there again. Our friends have since gone on to stay at the resort and loved it so much they have been back twice! We would love to hear if you have stayed before and would like to include your thoughts in this review. Contact me via email or Facebook or Instagram.
Note: In 2015 we were paying guests of Holiday Inn Benoa and received no discounts. In 2019 we were hosted by the Holiday Inn Benoa resort but all thoughts in this review are our own.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links and if you book through these links we will receive a small commission. This helps us to keep doing what we love, bringing you the best tips on travel to Bali with kids. Thanks for supporting our blog.