Sanur is a fantastic destination for young kids in Bali and there are many toddler friendly villas. The pathways are more stroller friendly and the area quieter than Kuta or Seminyak but Sanur still has great shopping and restaurants. I especially love the beach path that is flat and a joy to walk along with a stroller. Also there are wonderful sunrises in Sanur so if the little ones are up early its a great way to start the day watching the sunrise on the beach.
Most of the toddler friendly villas in Sanur are not beachfront but usually a 5-10 minute stroll from the beach. If a beachfront location is important the Fairmont, Prama or the Mecure Hotels are great options with the kids. The each have a kids club and check out my post on hotels with Kids Clubs in Bali for more details. A great place to beat the heat with young children in Sanur is the indoor playcentre Peekaboo. Charlotte and Mason have had great fun playing there over the years and the free wifi and coffee was good. It is located a short taxi ride from the centre of Sanur, just north of Mcdonalds.
Villas we have stayed in
- Villa Kawan 3 bedrooms plus activity room. There is an enclosed AC living space with lovely pool and garden area. 5 minute walk to Hardys supermarket and 10 minute walk to beach. We stayed here in May 2013 and September 2016 with both times thoroughly enjoying our stay. You can check out our in depth reviews of our stays here and here. The owners were fantastic to deal with and organised a pool fence through Bali Pool Fence Hire.
- Zen Villa is one of the privately owned and managed Zen Villas. We stayed here in September 2012 with Charlotte and you can check out more of our thoughts here about our stay. It is a 2 bedroom villa similar to the other Zen Villas and was situated at the end of the villas so was very private. We had our own maid and driver that transferred us to and from the airport. He was very helpful and made our stay fantastic. The pool is smaller than the other villas but was sufficient for our family.
Villas we have viewed
- The Zen Villas has a range of 2 bedroom villas. Some villas also have a 3rd single room for 1 person. Each villa is freestanding and completely air conditioned. The whole villa is enclosed and doors can be locked with keys to ensure safety of toddlers. The villa is surrounded by lovely gardens and is a 5 minute walk to Hardy’s Supermarket and 10 minutes to the beach. It is located next door to Villa Kawan.
Villas we have researched
- Villa Pagi 2 bedroom villa not far from the beach in Southern Sanur. Both bedrooms connect to AC enclosed living area.
- Villa Kookaburra 2 bedroom villa with both bedrooms linked to AC living area. We have walked past these villas and it’s in a quiet spot a short walk to the main street. Very close to booking these for our trip last September.
- Villa Suka 2 bedroom villa with AC enclosed living spaces. All on one level looks great with kids.
- Villa Artman 2 bedroom villa with lovely grassed pool area in southern Sanur.
- Villa Jepun 2 bedroom villa in Northern Sanur only a short walk to the beach. Both bedrooms are off the AC enclosed living area making it great with young kids.
- Tropical Dream Villa 2 bedroom villa with a great floor plan with young kids and photos of a pool fence up around the pool.
- Exquisito Villa 2 bedroom villa in Southern Sanur with living area and bedrooms in AC living space.
- Villa Sindhu Beach 2 bedroom villa in Northern Sanur that has a huge grassed pool area. The living space is open but the 2 bedrooms are linked in secure building.
- Sekar Bali Villa 2 bedrooms with both bedrooms off AC enclosed living space. Great value.
- Kejora Villas has a range of 2 and 3 bedroom villas with more being currently built. Has enclosed AC living areas but pool is unable to be fenced. Each villa has a different layout so investigating each one might find one suitable for your families needs. The villas are in a great position in Sanur between the beach and the main street with many restaurants within close walking distance.
- Pungutan House Sanur 3 bedrooms in a great, quiet area of Sanur. All on one level and pool would be safe with a pool fence. Would need to check floor plan or host to see if rooms interconnect.
- Villa Keluarga 3bedrooms located in southern Sanur and very child friendly. A pool fence is included if needed and a great range of kids amenities like car seats, high chairs etc.
- Villa Adon 3 bedrooms with 2 bedrooms downstairs interconnecting off the living room. AC enclosed living area and great sized pool. Located in Southern Sanur.
- The Colonial Villa Stunning 3 bedroom villa with lovely pool area. Main villa building enclosed but stairs would need a gate for very active toddlers.
- Sanur Sunrise Villas #3 3 bedroom villa in a complex on 2 floors. A pool fence can be arranged.
- Rumah Frangipani 3 bedroom villa that is a fantastic budget option with the kids. Villa fully enclosed and a great pool area for the kids to run around.
- Villa Puti 3 bedroom villa with 2 bedrooms off main living area and a separate 3rd bedroom.
- Villa Palm Garden 3 bedrooms located on Jl Kesari next to Villa Kawan. A gorgeous villa all on one level with the pool area able to be enclosed from the living spaces.
- Rachelle’s Villa 3 bedrooms in a great location. All bedrooms off the AC enclosed living area and a pool fence can be arranged.
- Dream Haven Villa 3 bedrooms and enclosed AC living area. Good sized pool that can be fenced and in a great position close to the beach and near Kejora Villas. They can provide car seat, high chair and portacot for no extra cost.
- Villa Indah Lagi 4 bedroom villa with 1 bedroom downstairs and 3 bedrooms upstairs. Pool fence can be arranged and in a great location.
- La Bali Villa Sanur 4 bedroom villa that has rates for less bedrooms. Gorgeous building with a great pool and garden area. In south Sanur.
- Savana Villa 3 and 4 bedrooms villas with enclosed AC living, kitchen and media area. Pool looks suitable to fence. 10 minute walk to beach and 5 minute walk to restaurants.
- Villa Frangi 4 bedrooms with separate enclosed living area. 2 bedrooms on either side of villa are interconnected via bathroom so great with kids. Caters well for kids with pool fence, cot, stroller, high chair available. In southern Sanur close to restaurants and 5 minute walk to beach. Includes breakfast and maid.
- Villa Seriska 4 bedroom villa in Southern Sanur with gorgeous rooms all on one level.
- The Villa Sanur 4 bedrooms with enclosed tv and sitting rooms. Beautiful gardens and pool can be fenced. Multiple inclusions for kids including portacot, car seats, high chair, playpen etc. Includes breakfast, transfers and villa manager. Located 1 minute walk from beach.
- Villa Asih 6 bedroom villa that could be considered with younger kids as all the bedrooms and living areas in main building. Yet to check if the stairs would be suitable to be gated.
- Indies Estate This spectacular 11 bedroom villa looks amazing for an extended family getaway! The pool can have a fence put up at a fee per day.
Disclaimer: Some of the links above are affiliate links through Tripadvisor so if you click on those links and book your accommodation I will receive a commission. The villas won’t cost you anymore but will go towards helping me provide you with up to date information. I only recommend villas that I would be happy to stay at depending on our budget and how many bedrooms we needed.